PROJECT: John Ruhrah Elementary School
6820 Fait Avenue Baltimore, Maryland
John Ruhrah Elementary and Middle school was selected as a 21st Century Schools Building Project which helps to renovate and modernize outdated schools. This renovation included an addition as well as brand new playgrounds and site amenities for the Baltimore school. The renovations were complete and the school was able to welcome students in January of 2020.
On the updated grounds of John Ruhrah there are now playgrounds for ages 2-5 years and 5-12 years, in addition to stand-alone playground equipment. The safety surfacing selected was unitary, pour-in-place rubber. The project also included site amenities throughout the school such as benches, receptacles and bike racks.
The community surrounding John Rurah now has a beautiful updated school and play space to call home.
- BCI Burke Playground Equipment
- Unitary Safety Surfacing
- DuMor Site Amenities: Benches, Trash Receptacles, Bike Racks
Directions from Johns Hopkins Hospital:
- Turn left onto US-40 E/Orleans Street
- Turn right onto N Conkling Street
- Turn left onto E Baltimore Street
- Turn right onto S. Haven Street
- Turn left on to O’Donnell Street
- Take a sharp left onto Fait Avenue
- Turn Right onto Quinton Street