PROJECT: Boardwalk Playground
Ocean City Boardwalk, near 111 Caroline Street, Ocean City, Maryland
In 2017, the Town of Ocean City opened its first playground directly on the beach, located steps away from the famous boardwalk. Ocean City worked with Maryland Department of Natural Resources to get the necessary funding to make the playground a reality.
The playground centers around a Lifeguard Station Theme and features overhead climbers, several slides and a pretend ice cream shop. Instruments and monkey bars are two additional activities for the kids. The playground has a fence enclosure and the safety surfacing is made from Burke Tiles. The tiles are durable and offer excellent fall protection.
- BCI Burke Playground
- Burke Tiles
- Head South on Convention Center Dr.
- Turn left to stay on Convention Center Dr.
- Turn right onto MD-528 S.
- Keep left to continue onto Philadelphia Avenue
- Turn left after 7-Eleven
- Continue straight to stay on North Division Road